9am to 5pm Thursday 9th May & 9am- 4pm Friday 10th May, 2019
Theme: Realistic Curriculum Goals: Where are we now and where do we want to be?
Although maybe each institution may have a different label for them (e.g. exit-level descriptors, over all learning outcomes, end goals etc…), it is important that the curriculum of an English language preparatory programme explicitly states the specific academic skills and language abilities successful students are expected to display, i.e. the overall goals of the programme.
- What role do (or should?) outside factors (e.g. CEFRL, YOK etc) play in the setting of these goals?
- How realistic are these goals, given the constraints of a one-year programme and the available resources? What should we do if we feel these are too idealistic, complex or unachievable?
- What are the “ideal” goals for a successful one-year prep programme and how can a curriculum team go about determining these?
- How can we be sure that we are attaining these goals?
- How can we ensure that level-specific objectives feed into these programme goals?
This FOCI event will be an opportunity for participants to share their experience of, and discuss issues related to these issues. The intention is that participants will come away with some concrete ideas of how to achieve clear and realistic overall goals for their programmes
FOCI AYDIN EVENT VIDEO
PRESENTATIONS BY UNIVERSITIES